Mental Health of Children
There come many times in the life of parents when they feel the desire to seek assistance from someone about the unjustified behavior of kids. Teenagers’ sudden behavioral changes and inconsistency in their activities is often too hard to back by logic. School teachers and staff pay much attention to their students’ physical health in many ways. For example, they concentrate on physical training, sports and focus on healthy food. But what about the mental health of children?
Alarming signs in children
Signs that gives a clue about some disturbing phase of your kids involve various aspects. They might suddenly start losing interest in their favorite activity. Children might feel anxious and unhappy. Concerns about eating habits might arise. Tearfulness, insecurity, and interrupted sleep are also the signs lead to some mental health problems among children. A desire to leave his own home, no interest in school and school assignments, hurting themselves or talking about not wanting to alive translate to severe mental problems.
Ways to improve mental health of children
- To improve child mental health, psychologist suggests that communication with the child is the most important factor. Encourage him to speak, to talk about his fears and doubts, challenges he is facing is the foremost step of the ladder to resolve child mental health crisis.
- Bullying or abuse is a part of maintaining wellbeing but everything should be balanced. Children should be safeguarded at all times.
- Trust is also another issue among teenagers. We, as parents, should give our children space to express and do, but with caution and careful check on them.
- Words, gestures, expressions all play important role in an investigation of the actual problem. And thus, nothing should be ignored.
- Take teachers on board. Talk to them. Search for signs as a low concentration in learning, missing classes, difficult social communication or other clues. It is sometimes teachers who inform parents about something going wrong with their children. In such case, his activities other than school time needs to be checked.
Read also Excessive gaming as mental disorder
The earlier parents explore some behavioral changes among children, the sooner they will be able to avoid secondary problems. Mental health illness needs a lot of patience, weeks and weeks of therapy and persistence. So, a key to resolve such a case demands parents’ and teachers time as well as full-time support.