Harmful Dog Foods
Following is the list of some harmful dog foods you should be careful before giving it to your dogs.
Grapes & Raisins
Grapes are great for humans but toxic to dogs. Raisins are also found in many eatables like cakes, biscuits, cereals, and bread. Grapes and raisins both cause liver damage and kidney failure.
The flesh of fruits is a reliable source of vitamin A and fiber, but the pit contains cyanide. Cyanide prevents your dogs’ blood cells from getting the adequate amount of oxygen. Cyanide poisoning is evident from red gums and breathing difficulty. Pitted fruits include peaches, plums, and cherries. Make sure to serve fruits into small pieces before feeding it to your pet dog.
Onion, Garlic & Chives
The onion family, weather, raw, cooked, half done, or even combined with other ingredients are dangerous for dogs. As these eatables cause gastrointestinal irritation and red blood cell damages. The signs of bad health may not appear quickly but could take some days to be evident.
Coffee & Tea
Any form of caffeine can give animals hypertension, seizers, abnormal heart rhythms, and hyperthermia. Moderate amounts of coffee grounds or tea bags can even kill small dogs. So be cautious!
Salt poisoning can put your dog to death in extreme conditions. Kidney injury, excessive thirst or urination, vomiting, and diarrhea are potential threats to your dog in case of extreme salt intake.
Candies & Chocolates
Decreased appetite, lethargy, and abdominal pain are few symptoms you can observe in your dog pet as a result of intake of high sugary, high-fat sweets. Chocolates are again as dangerous as caffeine because it contains theobromine, a substance like caffeine. Chocolate poisoning includes high blood pressure, seizer, and tremors.
Raw fish & Raw meat
Regular use of raw fish can cause vitamin D deficiency. Salmon and Trout are especially big no to dogs if not treated properly. If you meant to give raw meat, make sure it has to be high quality and free from any parasites and microbes.
Fat trimmings & Cooked Bones
Many extra calories lead your dog to be obese. Not only this, they can be choking hazard as well. BE sure to give uncooked and size is suitable for your dog’s throat in order to avoid any tear or splinter.
Some dogs are also lactose intolerant. They can take mother’s milk with ease but unable to digest lactose in milk once they become adults. Cheese is still a better option as long as it is low in fat, sodium and it also carries less lactose than milk. So small amount of cheese is safe for them.
Read more about